Bible Study

My sister and I decided to do a Bible Study together. It's an odd story of how that came to be, but I am oh so thankful it did!

The Study we participated in was from GoodMorningGirls.org. I started out in a group, but because of some differences in myself and some of the others in the group, I left the group. At the time, I was so very hurt and didn't understand. Instead of walking away from God, I ran straight to Him!

I was determined to do the Bible Study, even if on my own! I mentioned something to my Dad and in turn, he mentioned something to one of my sisters. After V found out, she sent me a text and the idea to do it together was formed!

Now, V, has been a huge prayer warrior in our family, so I knew right away that I would be blessed just by talking with her. It has become so much more than just a Bible Study!! We have learned, we have laughed, we have cried. Being two and a half hours apart from each other is difficult. During this study, even though I could only hear her voice, it has been a gift only God could give! We started the eighth week and sometimes it feels like we just got started and other times, it feels like we've been doing this together all our lives!

I have grown so much over the last eight weeks. I have work to do, still, as I am human! Anyone who says they don't need to grow in their faith is lying! We will always be growing in our faith, learning about our God and our Sweet Jesus who gave His life for us!

I think back to when I was starting this study with the other group. I have to admit that I did question why one was so awful to me. She was suppose to be my friend, my confidant. We were going to make this awesome journey together. I know God always has a plan. Now that we have entered week eight, I no longer question why things happened the way they did. I am thankful they did. I could write a book, but I don't want the heart of this post to become about something it should not. Some things are better left between myself and Our Lord and Savior! I realized that Sister V and I were meant to travel this journey together!

Thanking our Heavenly Father for my sister, V the words Thank You just don't seem like enough, but with all of my heart, I say them! I also can't thank sister V enough for traveling down this road these past eight weeks with me! Without even knowing it, she has walked beside me, carried me, held my hand, gave me a shoulder to cry on and a heart only a sister can give.


No comments:

Post a Comment