Mixed Emotions

So this is that time of year that many moms become really happy and many kiddos become really sad! Yep, back to school time!
As the summer draws to a close in many parts of the country (or already have for some), I sit here and long for more time. I'm really saddled with mixed emotions! My kiddo, will be starting his senior year in high school on Thursday! I'm so very proud of him for overcoming many obstacles in his life! He is getting excited about the prospect of going off to college next fall...while I struggle with knowing this is the start of a new adventure in our family. Don't get me wrong - I am very happy for him...however, I get a tinge of sadness, too. As senior year quickly approaches, my emotions become even more of a roller coaster! I have been thinking about how the house will be so quiet and my "little buddy" won't be here every single day. Well, as I was doing my quiet time this morning, I realized that I can't always be thinking about next year. This year will fly by and I need to enjoy every moment that I can. Instead of thinking what life will be like, I need to focus on the things I still need to do as a mom of a kiddo embarking on adulthood. There is still much I need to teach!
Many have said to me that I should just be happy. I should not have feelings of sadness. I wonder how many of them would really say that if they knew our family history? I suppose that will have to wait for another day. Till then, have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

  1. The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose writings “light up the dark corners of our minds”, I thought of you! I look forward to reading your thoughts and gleaning from your experience here at your blog home. You can find the details for receiving this award by following this link: http://letitbeginanew.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/the-sunshine-award/

    ReplyDelete