Wants

In the group Gift of the Home (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GiftoftheHome/) there has been a discussion of wanting what others have. I, of course, felt like I needed to chime in on the conversation as this is something I have struggled with (hangs head in shame). When I shared my post, I was encouraged to blog about it. I wonder how many others who follow Christ struggle with this? 

Wow - Rachel, this very thing is one of the reasons I was feeling irritated a lot. I had to dig deep and I mean deep and I had to drop to my knees...I did not think I was a materialistic person, until I saw what others could afford for their children and what I couldn't - then after many many prayers, I slowly got to the point that things are just that, things. Yes, they are nice to have, but sometimes it is all just too much. I pray every single day that I will fill myself up with His ways rather than with material things. I am a work in progress, but I'm getting there. It's so hard as humans to not want what others have. We are competitive by nature, also. Some days I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle and I cry out, "What is wrong with me?" and other days I am ready to downsize and be more simplistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment