Selfish

I was chatting with a dear friend this morning about this new group Gift of the Home I am a part of (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GiftoftheHome/). We were discussing how so many have been sort of brain washed when it comes to organizing their homes. So many want to be told exactly how to do it, what to buy, where to arrange their furnishings. The challenge we are doing is quite a bit different. The first week really entails us to spend some time in our space (this month is The Craft Room). We aren't organizing just yet. We aren't running out to buy supplies and baskets. We aren't diving into painting or buying furniture. We are simply assessing our space. Here is my update:
I've been spending time in my Craft room and truly trying to see it all - I decided to write down down the purpose of my room. Yes, it IS a Craft room, but what is it's purpose. What are my needs for the room? What are my wants for the room? I have come to realize that I had a lot more wants than needs - how selfish!?! I need to be thankful for what I have and figure out how to make that space work for me...something I thought I was doing, but clearly not completely. When I was talking to God, I realized that I really need to quit saying "I don't have enough time" or "I don't feel good enough" or "I'm not creative enough" - making excuses. I am perfectly capable of carving out time, even if only for an hour or two every day to be productive in the Craft room...I don't want to ramble. I can't quite get my feelings out, but I feel some peace with not having this or not having that when it comes to the craft room. I'm blessed to with a whole room! I'm blessed with enough stuff to fill that whole room. I'm blessed to have a husband who is pushing me to utilize what I have and what I can create to make a go of a craft business. 






2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! This post reminds me of a commercial I saw yesterday, I think it was Disney...they have their own line of clothes that they are pitching to middleschoolers, pitching individualism with their product. Uh, yeah. If you want to be an individual, buy our clothes, and you can be unique just like everyone else. Somehow, it just kinda fell flat. I'll tell ya what, you really wanna be an individual and stand out from the crowd? Wear a nun's habit...nobody else is doing it, you will be completely unique, lol. Anyhow, I digress...I love the idea of figuring out what works for us individually and going with it.

    Good thoughts!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyn! It means a lot to me that you not only read, but commented on my post!!

      Delete